Sunday, December 4, 2011

December Scor-pal Designer Challenge

Wait, this isn't Monday...so why is the designer challenge being posted?? Ture, I am a little off on dates occasionally, but this one is intentional. We are posting the challenge a day early because we have a special week ahead. The theme for December is last minute gifts. And this week we will be showing you gifts all week long during our Scor-pal/Jillibean Soup week!

Before we get to December, we need to announce the winner of the November challenge.
November's winner is Nina R.
We will be changing things up a bit for the new year so Nina will be getting a Scor-Tape package and be featured by Scor-pal in January. 


Now for the December Scor-pal Designer Challenge. 

This month's Challenge is Last Minute Gifts

Create a project using your Scor-pal to create a last minute gift. 

One project will be chosen by Scor-pal. 
The winner will receive a Scor-Tape prize pack and be a featured designer in January.
To be eligible for the prize, projects must not be entered in more than 2 additional challenges, link back to this post, list Scor-pal in your supply list and show either step outs, explain how the Scor-pal was used or give a link to the tutorial used.



Now to start off the week. A last minute gift from 
Scor-pal Guest Designer Toni Storie


I was chosen to be December's Guest Designer and this month's theme is "last minute gifts".  This is surely 'the challenge' for me, as I do lots of things at the last minute.


This covered notepad is really quite easy to do.  The first time I made one of these, it took me less than 45 minutes.  I'll break down the steps for you here.  You'll need a 5" x 8" junior legal pad, 3 pieces of card stock (8 1/2" x 11", 5" x 8", and 2 1/8" x 5"),  your Scor-pal or Scor-buddy and some strong adhesive.  I used Scor-tape on my project here. 

 
Step 1:  With your 11" side of the 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of card stock on top, score at 4 1/8", 9 1/4" and 9 1/2".  Place the 8" side of your card stock on the top and score at 1/2".  Trim off the shaded portions above.
Step 2:  If you prefer to stamp the base, now is the time to do it.  Then, burnish your score lines.  
Step 3:  With the 2 1/8" side of the 2 1/8" x 5" piece of card stock on top, score at 7/8" and 1 1/8".  (I used my Scor-buddy and scored at 7/8", then slid that score line over to the 1" groove and then scored at 1 1/4").


Step 4:  Burnish the score lines on this piece and adhere to the top of the junior legal pad with the 7/8" section on the front of the pad.  (This photo shows how you are covering up the label on the legal pad).


Step 5:  Adhere the 1 1/2" x 8" section of the largest piece of card stock to the back of the legal pad.


Step 6: Fold flap up and adhere to the next section on it's right (which measures 5" x 8").  You have now created a pocket and the front cover of your note pad.


 Step 7: Adhere your 5" x 8" piece of card stock to the back of the notepad for a finished look.

Step 8:  Embellish as desired.
I want to give credit for this design as it is not my own.  I first encountered this covered notepad through Virtual Stamp Night on Splitcoaststampers.  It was featured in a May 2009 Virtual Stamp Night challenge.  The design is originally credited to Julie Ebersole

Thanks for reading all the way through my first tutorial.  I hope you enjoyed it and have a fabulous day!

Details - Stamps: The Artist In You (Unity Stamp Company), Blue Skies (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Thoroughly Modern dsp; Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Rose Red; Accessories: Black Satin ribbon, Black Lace, Black Grosgrain ribbon, SU tag sheet, Sakura Clear Star gel pen, sponge dauber, glue dot, stampin' dimensionals.


8 comments:

Riette said...

This is lovely!! Well done. The notepads we get here usually has garish covers. This is a beautiful alternative.

Virginia Nebel said...

Great project! Thanks for sharing!

DH said...

How creative! I love scor-pal...

Anonymous said...

Toni's project is perfect for some "last minute gifts" :) TFS ;)

Diana Crick said...

Hi,
Great project and perfect gift!!!
Diana

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Gals, I am so glad I found you. I have never entered before and had a great time making my project. Thanks for hosting!
Hugs, Sarah T

Riette said...

I posted my entry!

Marlena M. said...

Wonderful project, thank you for sharing...I love the colors and versatility of this. ;)
I linked up...