Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Quick and Easy Holiday Cards with New Design Team Member Janice Whiting!

Today we are starting a series of Holiday cards that you can complete in just minutes and are perfect for those last minute makes.
We start with more great news, the super talented Janice has become a full time member of our team!
She is sharing a gorgeous card, really can this be quick and easy? it sure can!

Hi, everyone!  Today I'm joining the Scor-Pal girls in making quick and easy holiday cards!  The card I created might look like it took a long time to create but really, it was super easy--promise!  ;)

Here is what I came up with.

Looks complicated, right? Well, I think that beautiful Spellbinder's Gold Majesty Circles die cut is going to have to take the credit for that with all its amazing detail!  Luckily for us, all we have to do is run it through our die cut machine and the die does all the work!  :)

Let me show you how I created the entire card.

First, using my Scor-Buddy, I scored a 4 1/4" by 11" piece of cardstock at 4 1/2".

I turned it to its other end and scored it at the 2" mark.  This will create a pocket for things like gift cards, money or any things else you might want to give to the recipient.  :)



Place a strip of Scor-Tape on both ends of the 2" section, fold down and adhere to card to create pocket.

And, voila, here is the pocket created!

For added detail, I scored the card base in 1/4" sections but that is also be quick and easy!  I added a bow to "tie" it all together and there you have it, a quick and easy card that you can make in ten minutes flat (but looks like you slaved over the details!)!  

Stamped sentiment: The Craft's Meow 

I hope you've enjoyed this post, thanks so much for stopping by!  

Blessings to you,
Janice


8 comments:

Glennis F said...

Stunning!

Robin said...

Wonderful card!!!

snowbear said...

Love it!

Cathy said...

beautiful!!!

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Gorgeous Card. Love the simplicity that looks so elegant.

Lesley Thomas said...

Deceptively simple- and very effective. Congrats on joining the team.

Diana Crick said...

Wow this is gorgeous Janice and surprisingly easy as you mentioned. hugs, Diana xxxxx

Ravengirl said...

Love this beautiful pocket card!